Upland Almanac 2012 Winter
The Winter 2012 issue features include:
- Red Letter Day by Burton L. Spiller
- Deacon's Story by Doug Stamm
- Old Birds by Tom Huggler
- Notes from the Road: Beacoup Quail, Western Kentucky Style! by Conrad LaPierre
- Notes from the Road: Pheasants & Quail in the Heartland by John C. Gosselin
- A Pheasant Hunter's Parallel Universe by Nancy Anisfield
- Stepping Back-and Forth-in time by Tom Carney
- Slot B in Tab A - Alan Liere
From The Upland Kitchen, this issue features "Seared Quail with Leeks and Star Anise" by Chef Gordon Hamersley of Boston's Hamersley Bistro and author of Bistro Cooking at Home.
Also in this issue are all of your favorite departments including Greetings from the Publisher, Flushes & Noteworthy Points, The Healthy Dog, The Upland Kitchen, Conservation Viewpoint, For the Birds, Tailgate Review, Lock, Stock & Barrel, In the Swing, The Check Cord, Classic Guns, From Our Mailbox, Classifieds, and Tailfeathers.
The Winter 2012 Cover is called "Hunter's Moon" by Bob White. Oil on canvas. 42" X 36". Held in a private collection. For information about Minnesota artist Bob White and his work, visitwww.bobwhitestudio.comor call 651-433-4168.